WHAT IS PLANNED GIVING?
A planned gift is any major gift, made in lifetime or at death as part of a donor’s overall financial and/or estate planning. These include gifts of equity, life insurance, real estate, personal property, or cash.
WHO CAN GIVE?
Anyone of any age can designate a gift in various forms and all sizes at any time.
Planned giving allows donors to include The Cadets in their will designating a gift (called a “bequest”) to the organization. Planned giving requires no present obligation, but instead allows donors to look to the future of the organization as part of their estate plan.
Donors may make a general, unrestricted gift that will be available for The Cadets to use in any capacity. Donors also have the option to make a restricted gift to be used in a manner designated by the donor. This allows a donor to make a lasting impact in a way that is meaningful for them and for the young people served by The Cadets.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered;
- You may lessen the burden of taxes on your family;
- You may receive estate tax savings;
- You help to ensure the future mission of the organization.
WHY THE CADETS?
Your planned gift will help ensure that The Cadets will be able to support musical and life education for young people through participation in the performing arts well into the future.
As a non-profit, we are committed to ensuring that each of our excellent programs are fully funded, and that the funds we raise are spent wisely.
Your gift will help ensure the future of The Cadets and contribute to providing excellent programs, supporting financial security for the organization, and creating a great place to work and volunteer.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Donors can include The Cadets in their will, designating the type of gift to be provided to the organization upon your passing. Planned gifts can also be made during your lifetime as part of an overall estate plan. Laws regarding estate planning vary from state to state. Consult with your estate planning professional to discuss the smartest way to create a legacy for future performers with The Cadets.
WHAT IS THE CORRECT LEGAL NAME TO USE FOR MY GIFT?
All legacy gifts should be directed to “Cadets Arts & Entertainment, Inc.” Please also indicate whether the gift is for general purposes or for a particular program or purpose.
WHAT IS THE TAX ID NUMBER I SHOULD USE FOR MY GIFT?
The Tax ID number for Cadets Arts & Entertainment, Inc. is 85-0545477.
Cadets Arts & Entertainment, Inc.
PO Box 4436
Allentown, PA 18101
I WANT TO GIVE. WHAT DO I DO NOW?
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of a financial and/or legal advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends, or The Cadets as part of your estate plan.
A bequest can be made in several ways:
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset;
- You can gift a percentage of your estate;
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate;
- You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets.
HOW DO I SPECIFY HOW THE CADETS USES MY BEQUEST?
You have several options for declaring how we may use your bequest once we receive it. They are:
- An unrestricted bequest – This is a gift for our general purposes. This can be the most useful kind of gift because it allows us to put your gift to the best possible use at the time we receive it.
- A restricted bequest – This is a gift for a specific use, such as a special project or program that is important to you. It is best for you to consult with us before placing restrictions on your bequest to be sure we can carry out your wishes.
- An endowed bequest – This is a gift where our organization invests your donation to start an endowment. We will distribute these funds in accordance with an endowment spending policy. This approach assures that your gift will continue to benefit us long after you’re gone. An endowed bequest can be restricted or unrestricted.
- An honorary bequest – This is a gift made in honor of someone else. Any form of bequest can also be an honorary bequest. We would be pleased to recognize the people you wish to honor with your gift.
We respect your right to anonymity, but we would welcome the opportunity to thank you for your thoughtful gift and to confirm that we can carry out your wishes.
I DON’T HAVE A WILL. HOW ELSE CAN I GIVE?
Here are a few other simple ways for you to make a bequest to us simply by making The Cadets a beneficiary for one or more of the following:
- life insurance policy
- IRA, 401k, or other retirement plan
- savings bonds
- bank accounts and securities
- Instruct your bank to “pay on death” to The Cadets some or all of a specific bank account.
- Instruct your brokerage firm to “transfer on death” to The Cadets some or all of a specific brokerage or other financial account.
DO YOU HAVE SUGGESTED WORDING THAT I CAN SHARE WITH MY TAX ADVISOR?
I give the sum of $_________ to Cadets Arts & Entertainment, Inc., a New Jersey not-for-profit corporation (Tax ID number #85-0545477), or its successor, now having its principal place of business at 601 West Hamilton Street, Allentown, PA 18101, to be used for The Cadets Drum and Bugle Corps.
I give to Cadets Arts & Entertainment, Inc., a New Jersey not-for-profit corporation (Tax ID number # 85-0545477), or its successor, now having its principal place of business at 601 West Hamilton Street, Allentown, PA 18101, ________% of the rest of my estate, for any purpose as Cadets Arts & Entertainment, Inc. deems appropriate.
I give to Cadets Arts & Entertainment, Inc., a New Jersey not-for-profit corporation (Tax ID number #85-0545477), or its successor, now having its principal place of business at 601 West Hamilton Street, Allentown, PA 18101, the real estate located at __________________ for any purpose as Cadets Arts & Entertainment, Inc. deems appropriate.
I give to Cadets Arts & Entertainment, Inc., a New Jersey not-for-profit corporation (Tax ID number #85-0545477), or its successor, now having its principal place of business at 601 West Hamilton Street, Allentown, PA 18101, __________________(1000 shares of XYZ stock), for any purpose as Cadets Arts & Entertainment, Inc. deems appropriate.
WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
If you already have a will or trust, review the documents to determine if any changes in your family or other circumstances warrant revising the document.
If you wish to add The Cadets for a gift in your existing will or trust, contact the attorney who drafted the document and request a simple amendment.
If you don’t have a will or trust, contact a trustworthy attorney to have these documents prepared. If you don’t know who to contact, seek a recommendation for an estate planning attorney from family members, friends, or colleagues at work. You may also contact your local bar association lawyer reference service for a referral.
Name The Cadets as a beneficiary on your life insurance policy, retirement account, savings bonds, bank accounts, and/or securities.
Denise Bonfiglio, Chief Executive Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Justin Moore, Chief Operating Officer, email@example.com
Brad Martin, Development Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org