The Cadets are seeking a talented, self-motivated videographer to assist our Lead Videographer and Photographer/Social Media Manager with covering the corps' 2023 Spring Training and Summer Tour.
Assistant Videographer Position Overview
The Cadets Media Intern will attend and film rehearsals, performances, clinics, parades, competitions and exhibitions from late-May to mid-August, and assist Cadets Media in editing and producing video content as needed. Additionally, the Media Intern will work closely with the Lead Videographer, Photographer/Social Media Manager, and Marketing and Development Manager to support various digital content strategies.
- Film on location with The Cadets (daily)
- Ensure that equipment is present and working at all times
- Stay engaged in daily corps activities to be aware of nuances and capture them on film
- Help to plan creative content and capture the drum corps activity from various perspectives
- Develop a friendly rapport with staff, volunteers and members in order to convey the corps’ personalities and experiences on-screen
- Edit footage in post-production, as needed
- Travel with the corps (via bus), sleeping in designated staff sleeping areas
Location and Schedule
The position will be structured around the corps’ summer tour and will require travel with The Cadets Drum Corps. The Cadets' Spring Training will be held at the Erie Sports Center in Erie, Pa. Ideally, the Media Intern commits to working the entire Spring Training and Summer Tour. Scheduling flexibility to accommodate prior commitments is available.
This is an internship-level position. Compensation will be considered based on experience and time commitment. All housing, food and transportation costs will be provided by The Cadets.
- The Media Intern is responsible for providing all necessary camera equipment as well as computer editing hardware and software
- Additional equipment needs may be discussed with the Cadets Arts & Entertainment Chief Operating Officer as needed
- Undergraduate or graduate study in photography or videography
- Excellent computer literacy
- Keen eye for photography and creative vision
- Strong skills with DSLR cameras
- Experience with Adobe Premier Pro or other non-linear editing software
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work long hours in outdoor summer weather
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team
- Ability to take direction from The Cadets Marketing and Development Manager, Lead Videographer and Photographer/Social Media Manager
- Utmost respect for The Cadets’ brand identity and willingness to edit video content as directed
- Age 23 or older
- Strong moral character with integrity
- Ability to multi-task, take direction and execute with precision
- Belief in open, transparent communication
- Positive attitude with the ability to turn a negative into a positive
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Humility/ability to submit to direction
If interested, send your resume and a link to your reel(s), portfolio, website, YouTube channel, Instagram or any other relevant examples of your work to The Cadets Marketing & Development Manager, Allison Broussard, at email@example.com. We look forward to speaking with you!